When you want to show different content to your users depending from what campaigns they arrive on your website, the UTM Parameters segmentation with Personalization are the best option.
To do such an experiment follow these steps:
- Create a new A/B test experiment and add a new Variation on which you should edit/add the dedicated content/copy that you want:
- Go to Audience tab and make sure to choose the proper URL condition, in order for the experiment to apply on the targeted page:
- Once you’ve setup the pages where you want the experiment to run you go further down to create the UTM Segmentation:
- After you click on “All visitors” button you’ll be prompted with the Segmentation pop-up from where you need to create a New segment :
Click here if you want to learn more about our segmentation.
- Once the segmentation is set to work, go to Traffic allocation and goals – > Traffic allocation and click on Click here to change. If you want all your visitors that come from UTM campaign to see the Variation, put 0 on Control and 100 on Variation: