An OnPage variable is a part of your page which can be used as a text variable in the A/B testing experiments, web personalization creatives or surveys.
1. First, you need to add one product to cart, right click and select “View page source”
2. Copy the source code of your cart web page
3. Go to OnPage Variables (in Omniconvert) and create a new variable
4. Click on “upload your own HTML” purple link and paste the source code of your cart web page:
5. Select the variable that returns the total amount of your cart
6. Give your variable a name and save it
7. You can later use this already created variable in order to segment users within an experiment
Good to know
- You can use multiple variables on the same page.
- We read the value of a variable based on its position on the page. If you change the structure of the page the variable cannot be read any longer.
- Display your experiments only on the pages where this variable is available.