When you are not sure how the experiment will look live, follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Audience’ tab and select ‘Segment’ – ‘New segment’
- Get your IP from here
- Select Include – > IP address -> is -> your IP
Click here if you want to know more about IP address segmentation.
- Go to ‘Traffic allocation and goals’ tab and set your traffic to be 100%, in order to be sure you are included in the experiment the first time you test it
If you want to test only how the Variation ( the version with the changes that you made ) looks like, continue following this steps:
- Set the Control to have 0% and the Variation 100% in order for the experiment to apply only the Variation
- Publish it
Please keep in mind that for every change that you make, you have to wait 4 – 5 minutes until is live on the website. If after that your experiment doesn’t apply clear your cookies.
- In order to check it out live, open a new tab in your browser and write the link where the experiment is set to run ( The one entered in the Audience tab under Manage pages ).
Do not forget, after you tested the experiment, to change it, in order for the visitors to see it.