An OnPage variable is a part of your page which can be used as a text variable in the A/B testing experiments, web personalization creatives or surveys.
1. First, you need to add one product to cart, right-click and select “View page source”
2. Copy the source code of your cart web page
3. Go to OnPage Variables (in Omniconvert) and create a new variable
4. Click on “upload your own HTML” purple link and paste the source code of your cart web page:
5. Select the variable that returns the total amount of your cart
6. Give your variable a name and save it
7. You can later use this already created variable in order to segment users within an experiment
Good to know
- You can use multiple variables on the same page.
- We read the value of a variable based on its position on the page. If you change the structure of the page the variable cannot be read any longer.
- Display your experiments only on the pages where this variable is available.