You can choose to seamlessly automate the sending of NPS invitations by using our integration with SendGrid.
Of course, you need to send the real (non-anonymised) email addresses of your customers into Reveal.
If you have opted to anonymise this information, you will need to send the NPS invitation emails through your own system, after fetching the NPS invitations from the Reveal API. Detailed information on this here.
In order to send NPS invitations from Reveal using SendGrid, you need to follow a couple of simple steps:
Connect Reveal and SendGrid and select SendGrid as NPS delivery service
Log into your Reveal account and go to Store Settings > General > NPS section > NPS > Click on the pencil to edit:
As you can notice, some fields are already pre-filled with some default values, while other fields require your input. Next to each field there is an info icon which will display a short description for each field. Please make sure you have filled in all the required fields (marked with *).
Even though the Sending Contact Email is not a required field, we recommend you to fill it in with the email address of the person in charge of NPS invitations campaigns, so they will be able to check if any errors occur while sending NPS invitation emails to your customers, and also be able to check the actual email content daily(also you will be able to send a test email at this email address to see how the NPS will actually look like).
In order to integrate with SendGrid, please make sure you have NPS Sending Enabled set to “Enabled” and Sending Provider set to “SendGrid”(from step 1).
Set the time when to send the email invitations to your customers in the Scheduled Sending Time field.
This is related to the timezone you have set in Store Settings > General Settings> Timezone Offset:
Save your settings.
In order to proceed, you will need some information from your SendGrid account:
Go to Shop menu > Settings > Integrations settings > SendGrid Settings > Configure:
Provide the information required on the page and save your settings:
- API Key: you can generate an API Key by accessing the SendGrid interface > Settings > API Keys > Create API Key. Please create an API Key with Full Access permissions and make sure you copy your API Key value since afterwards you will not be able to access its value.
- Sender ID: you need the Sender ID value set up in SendGrid interface > Marketing > Senders > Edit Sender > Copy the ID from the URL address bar. We recommend you to set up a separate sender for NPS invitations sent through Reveal.
Go to Store Settings >General> NPS section > NPS SendGrid Email Settings > Configure by clicking on the pencil:
Except for the Unsubscribe Group field, all the other fields are optional. Below is a short description of each one of the fields:
- Unsubscribe Group: you can create a separate unsubscribe group from the SendGrid interface > Marketing > Unsubscribe Groups > Create New Group. After saving the group, you will be able to see the group ID on the lower left corner of the card.
- Design ID: if this field is left blank, it will be automatically generated. If you wish to use a specific design, use the design ID from the SendGrid interface > Design Library. If you choose to use your own design, please make sure you use the custom fields Reveal creates automatically and needs them in the email. You can find these fields in the SendGrid interface > Marketing > Custom Fields > Custom Fields section.
- NPS Global List ID: this field is optional, if left blank, an id will be automatically generated. The list will contain all contacts who receive an NPS email.
- Template ID: this field should be filled in for advanced use cases only. This represents the template used in Single Sends.
- Template Version ID: this field should be filled in for advanced use cases only. This represents the version of the template, which actually contains the HTML code.
Save your settings by clicking on the “Save” button.
In order to make sure everything is set up correctly and there is no missing information, test your configuration, by clicking the “Send a Test Email through SendGrid” button(the button will be active when all of the above steps will be finished). You will receive in your inbox (the email is the one selected in the NPS Settings section) the actual NPS email (test invitation email) or an email with the error.
Customize your NPS email design & content
Please keep in mind that you still need to customize the texts and logo for the NPS email, by editing the template generated in your SendGrid account.
First you need to check the ID generated for your design (in case you left the Design ID field blank, a design has been auto-generated for you). In order to retrieve the ID go to your Reveal account > Store Settings > General > NPS section > NPS SendGrid Email Settings > Configure by clicking on the pencil. Note the ID from the Design ID field and go to your SendGrid account > Design Library and choose to edit the one with the same ID.
In case significant changes are brought to the original template, please be careful to thoroughly test the email cross-email-client, since it might look different in various email clients than in the preview provided by SendGrid.
Happy feedback collecting!